- Apr 30, 2022: The textbook "Satellite Remote Sensing of Clouds and Precipitation: Theoretical Basis" by Hirohiko Masunaga has been pulished on the Springer www site.
- Apr 14, 2022: Our 2nd-year Ph.D. student Yi-Chien Chen finally joined us in Nagoya as the COVID restrictions were relaxed for international students. Congratulations Yi-Chien!
- Apr 5, 2021: Personnel page has been updated.
- Apr 4, 2018: Personnel page has been updated.
- Apr 7, 2017: Personnel page has been updated.
- Oct 5, 2015: Hydrospheric Atmospheric Research Insititute has been merged into Institute for Space-Earth Environmental Research (ISEE) since Oct 1st.
- Apr 6, 2015: Personnel page has been updated.
- May 22, 2013: Research page has been updated with a new topic (Tropical Convection and Environmental Variability).
- Apr 16, 2013: Moved into our new office in the recently finished building.
- Apr 16, 2013: The member list updated. (Personnel).
- Oct 11, 2012: We have moved to the Institute of Advanced Research (2nd floor) for building renovation.
We will stay here for half a year until the new building hosting HyARC now under construction is finished.
- Apr 5, 2012: The member list updated. (Personnel).
- Apr 21, 2011: The research page updated with new topics on tropical air-sea interactions
- Apr 5, 2011: The member list updated with a new student
- Nov 18, 2010: The WWW server will be temporarily shut down from the
evening of November 19th through the morning of 22nd
due to a scheduled power shut-off.
- Apr 15, 2010: New members have been added to
- Nov 10, 2009: The WWW server will be temporarily shut down on November
14th and 15th due to a scheduled power shut-off.
- Aug 3, 2009: The WWW server will be temporarily shut down from August
13th to 18th due to a scheduled power shut-off.
- Jun 4, 2009: Satellite Data Simulator Unit
(SDSU) version 2 is now released.
- Apr 1, 2009: Personnel page has been
updated with new M.S. and Ph.D. students.
- Jun 23, 2008: A new research topic on cloud model evaluation was added
to the Research page.
- Apr 7, 2008: Satellite data archives of precipitation/cloud top height
- Mar 31, 2008: Schedule for "cloud physics", being taught in the spring
semester, has been updated
- Oct 13, 2006: The office of H.M. moved to Rm 514 as updated in
- Sep 26, 2006: Class cancellation announced in
- Sep 8, 2006: Guidance for prospective
students and postdocs was added.
- Sep 7, 2006: The group web site officially started with the
Research page updated.
- Aug 8, 2006: The group web site started (experimental).